Jay E. Feldstein graduated from the University of Toledo College of Law in 1979. Jay practices primarily in the areas of family law, personal injury and wrongful death, criminal defense and other civil matters. Jay practices in Ohio and Michigan in both federal and state courts and has appeared in appellate courts involving his areas of expertise, including participating in oral arguments in the Ohio Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, and in the Court of Appeals for the Third and Sixth Districts in the Ohio Court of Appeals. Jay is a member of the Toledo Bar Association, Ohio State Bar Association, and the State Bar of Michigan.
- Ohio, 1979
- Michigan, 1988
- U.S. District Court (Northern District, Eastern Division), Ohio, 1980
- U.S. District Court (Eastern District), Michigan, 1988
- U.S. District Court (Western District), Michigan, 2015
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2002
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2012
- University of Toledo, J.D., 1979
- University of Toledo BA, 1976
- Attended Denison University, 1973-1975
Points of Interest
- In 2003, Jay obtained a verdict in a personal injury action in excess of $1,000,000.00 involving a soft tissue injury. The verdict is believed to be the largest soft tissue jury verdict ever in Lucas County, Ohio, and one of the largest in the State of Ohio.
- Jay has forty years of experience in participating in numerous Domestic Relations Court trials, hearings and other proceedings. He has also been involved in several jury and non-jury trials in both the civil and criminal arena.